Asparagus and strawberries are our new favourite combination for spring. It really doesn’t get any fresher and more spring-like than this! We have the best recipe for a fruity asparagus-strawberry salad with caramelized almond slivers. It makes your mouth water just reading it, doesn’t it?
When the first strawberries come into the stores, there is still plenty of asparagus available. Combining both into a salad is the best idea you can come up with. The fresh sweetness of the strawberries gives the roasted asparagus an unexpected kick. With crisp lettuce, caramelized almond slivers and a simple balsamic dressing, the asparagus-strawberry salad is delicious yet simple. And the best thing is, the preparation takes just 10 minutes. This asparagus salad is quick and easy to prepare and is particularly crisp and spring-fresh!
Asparagus is a Herald of Spring
In addition to wild garlic and strawberries, fresh German asparagus heralds spring for us. And one of our favourite ways of preparing white asparagus is asparagus salad. In our recipe today, white asparagus is combined with strawberries and caramelised almond slivers. It is served with fresh lettuce and a few leaves of mint. This makes it especially crisp and fresh in spring!
New Interpretation of the Old Asparagus Salad
For our asparagus-strawberry salad, unlike the classic asparagus salad, the white asparagus is not cooked in water, but rather fried directly in a pan in a little oil. And instead of combining it with egg in the classic way, we combine it with fruity strawberries.
Asparagus and Strawberry in a Salad – a Delicious Combination
It may sound a little unusual at first to combine asparagus and strawberries, but the two heralds of spring are made for each other. The sweet-sour note of strawberries goes perfectly with the crisp, short-roasted asparagus. Try it out: this salad is great as an appetizer, as a side dish for the barbecue or as a quick and light lunch or dinner.
Strawberry and Asparagus Salad
- 1 bunch (approx. 500g) white asparagus
- 10 strawberries
- 2 handfuls lettuce Romaine lettuce or rocket
- ½ cup (approx. 50g) slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil or sunflower oil
- 1 sprig fresh mint optional
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Peel the lower part of the asparagus and break off the hard ends. Wash the strawberries and salad leaves and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- Fry the almond slivers in a pan without fat until they are golden brown. Then add the agave syrup and let it caramelize while stirring constantly. When the almonds are shiny and sticky, remove the pan from the heat and let the almond slivers cool down a little.
- Sauté the asparagus in a little oil in a frying pan, turning regularly. When it is nicely browned on the outside, remove it from the pan.
- Place the lettuce leaves and strawberries on the plates and place the fried asparagus on top. Sprinkle with the caramelized almond slivers and drizzle with the dressing.
- Finally, pluck off a few leaves of mint and pour over the dressing.
If you liked this recipe for Asparagus-Strawberry Salad you may also like one of these other Salad recipes:
If you liked this recipe, you can use this picture to create a pin for Pinterest. Just select the picture and click on the Pinterest button in the upper left corner. This way you can save the recipe for later use.
You will find more delicious recipes from all over the world in our recipe section.